The Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Eastern Connecticut – (HBRAECT), is a non-profit organization comprised of building professionals and related industries located in New London and Windham counties. HBRAECT is the local affiliate of the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Connecticut and the National Association of Home Builders. Providing a voice for the building industry, we serve our members and the public through networking and marketing opportunities, education, fundraising, charitable efforts, and representation in legislative discussions at the local, state, and national levels.
The HBRAECT is hiring a Sales and Event Coordinator to provide support for the organization’s programs, services, events, and membership recruitment and retention. We are looking for a charismatic, goal-oriented polished professional to become an integral part of our team and help further our mission.
Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Eastern Connecticut (HBRAECT)
Sales & Event Coordinator Job Description:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Reporting to the President/EO, the Sales and Events Coordinator is responsible for growing the HBRAECT membership base, retaining current members, event coordination, sponsorship sales as well as other duties as assigned.
Outline of Responsibilities:
● Generating sales leads and raising awareness of the HBRAECT and its benefits. Electronically report on leads and results.
● Administer and utilize membership/events software to grow and serve our membership and optimize events.
● Work with HBRAECT committees to manage and implement program services and events.
● Coordinate events including calling membership, prospective members and guests for attendance and selling sponsorship packages where appropriate.
● Manage events and logistics including but not limited to: Making reservations, guest check-in details including attendee badges. Electronically report and track event attendee list and payment record-keeping. Follow-up.
● Provide administrative support to the President/EO to efficiently respond to members and prospective members communications via phone, electronically, print or other as directed by the President/EO.
● Participate in activities of partner organizations as directed by President/EO.
● Assist President/EO with meeting agendas, scheduling, and notetaking as assigned.
● Attend meetings, organize and distribute minutes of meetings as assigned.
● Assist committees with planning and running events as assigned.
● Create, develop, and produce digital and printed material, publications, posting social media and updating website as needed.
● Other duties as needed.
● Strong ability to develop and maintain a professional rapport with a diverse population of community leaders, volunteers, and members with a demonstrated ability to act as an intermediary to achieve consensus.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills.
● Strong computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Suite, Constant Contact, Social Media platforms, and basic graphic design.
● Must be willing to successfully complete training on membership and events software, CRM, and other systems as needed.
● Ability to multitask with a strong sense of time management. Ability to follow directives; Complete assigned activities and projects within the prescribed time limits and follow through to completion.
● Strong listening skills required.
● Must be a self-starter with a high level of energy.
● Must be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends as needed for events and meetings.
● Must be able to lift 50lbs.
● Ability to efficiently express the value of the organization. You will be our brand ambassador 24/7.
● Marketing & Communications – Must be digitally savvy with sharp computer skills, social media platforms, (FB, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn), and press communication
● Membership sales and retention.
● Sales including lead generation/farming prospects and utilizing sales funnel to track progress. Planning and strategizing.
● Databasing and software competency.
Based on experience. Salary plus opportunity for commission based on performance goals.
This is a full-time position with a 90-day probation period, with an expected hire date of August 12, 2019.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to HBRAECT President Craig D. Caulkins via EMAIL ONLY to Craig@HBRAECT.com –
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS.